Please Note: Additional items have been appended to this Changelog post-publication.
Pushed to production , Pushed to Sandbox .
Client Reports (UARs): For platforms who are required to file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) with FinCEN, the Client Report generated via the
POST /v3/user/client/reportsAPI call can now provide an Unusual Activity Report (UAR) as a supplemental aid.
uar_report[ ] array will supply the
status_code(e.g. “PER CUSTOMER REQUEST”, or “R08”, or “Q10-H [WIRE ARRIVED]”, etc.) for each transaction listed in the report.
- The UAR provides Platforms a listing of potentially unusual activities as flagged under Synapse’s automated controls. Platforms should not rely solely on this report to comply with obligations related to supervising Suspicious Activities. Platforms should further investigate any activities flagged by Synapse as unusual to verify if they are indeed suspicious activities that warrant filing SARs. Synapse is not liable for any failure to communicate an SAR or for any improperly submitted reports.
Statements (Statement Generation): Unless specified differently in your platform contract, monthly statement generation currently adheres to the following default timing:
LOAN-USnodes will provide prior-month statements by the 7th of the month. This timing ensures that interest accrual grace period allotted to users (set by regulatory requirements) is honored within the statement delivery month.
- For other account types prior-month statements are, by default, made available by the 15th of the month.
- These clarifications are now reflected on both the Statements page and the Loan Interest page in our API Docs. For a short time these pages listed contradicting dates but have been fixed.
Accounts (Agreements): The type for
loan.info.agreementshas been changed from
Loans (Revolving Loans): New methodology for calculating and tracking accrued interest for revolving loans. [Note: Added 2019-Oct-01]
Card Issuance (Dispute Transaction): Added ability to include additional attachments in new
dispute_attachmentsarray with the dispute form when disputing a card transaction (either with legacy card issuance or with native card issuance).
- Please note that attachments included in the dispute request must be passed as Base64-encoded strings.
Card Issuance (Dispute Transactiojn): Disputes can now only be filed for transactions with
SETTLEDstatus. [Note: Added 2019-Oct-01]
Card Issuance (Dispute Transaction): When a user files a transaction dispute, provisional credit will by default now be provided within 5 business days for existing users. Provisional credit was previously provided immediately by default for existing users. [Note: Added 2019-Oct-01]
- Please note that provisional credit will be issued to new users within 20 business days by default.
IC-DEPOSIT-USnodes now generate PDF agreements at node creation.
Transaction (Transaction Status): When applicable transactions are updated with transaction status of queued (
QUEUED-BY-SYNAPSE), canceled (
CANCELED), or returned (
RETURNED), the respective transaction queue code (e.g.
Q02), transaction cancellation code (e.g.
C08), or transaction return code (e.g.
WR01) will now be provided in the new
recent_status.codefield. The code and a brief description will continue to be provided in the
recent_status.notefield. Refer to the View Transaction API call for more details. [Note: Added 2019-Oct-02]
Fixed issue where
force_refreshquery parameter for the View ACH Account API call would activate previously inactive ACH nodes.
- Now passing force_refresh with the call will update balances and get other ACH node information, but will not change the node status.